PESG has established several requirements that must be met in order to be employed.
Applicants must meet several requirements to gain active employment with PESG. Each county has specific requirements that differ from one county to another. It is important to carefully read the instructions for the county in which you wish to substitute. You need to provide PESG the following information and documentation to activate your employment as a substitute:
Note: After viewing the brief descriptions below, please locate the county you would like to work with under the districts tab at the top, and thoroughly read all requirements listed there.
- Attend a scheduled two hour applicant meeting.
- Complete either the printable manual enrollment forms or the electronic enrollment application. The online application process is more efficient for processing and accuracy.
- Please refer to your District General Requirements at http://www.subpass.com for fingerprinting locations. A copy of a clear criminal history results will be sent to PESG directly from the State of Michigan.
- Provide a clear Unprofessional Conduct Form from your previous employer(s).
- Supply proper copies of identification as outlined by the Employee Eligibility Form.
- Submit a Teaching Certificate (for substitute teachers) or the official college transcripts toward a bachelor degree (No copies).
- Pay the appropriate county-based application fee.
- Complete the appropriate Professional Development Training Modules at www.gcntraining.com.